Who we are
We are Borrow My Scan Tool, LLC, an Ohio Limited Liability Company. Our website address is: http://www.borrowmyscantool.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, and respond to communication such as e-mail.
- When registering with our site, we will ask for your address, email and mailing address, and phone number.
- When placing an order, we will ask for your credit card information.
- You may browse our site anonymously.
- Like a lot of other sites, we use Google Analytics to track visitor trends. This information is anonymous and kept
- Our shopping cart software uses “cookies” to enhance your experience. Please see below.
- In order to assess your creditworthiness, we may share your name and address or collect your rental history with third parties but only for the purpose of assessing your creditworthiness.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Our shopping cart will place cookies (if you allow them) onto your computer. We use the cookies to improve your navigation from page to page within our site.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this
You can opt in or out of receiving future communications from us about special offers and new product information, you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive.
Where we send your data
We will never give your information to anyone, for any reason. There are a few exceptions. We may need to provide your information to our hosting partners, and other parties that help us in managing our business (such as our merchant gateway). These parties must be required to keep your information confidential. There may be cases where we are required by law to provide your information to law enforcement. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we use your information
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To track your order history so that we may answer any recommendations, concerns, or disputes.
- To send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How we protect visitor information
All of the information that we collect about our customers is stored on BlueHost secure servers, reachable only through secure networks. Only limited number of persons, specifically the BlueHost and BorrowMyScanTool.com staff, have the privilege to access such information. These person will keep your information confidential. Your order is transmitted via SSL, and is stored in an encrypted format on BlueHost servers.
Third party links
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
Please contact us at if you have any questions.
Online policy only